I'm back and writing

It's easy to see that my last post was in July. Since that time things in my life have been turned upside down. In a nutshell, my writing has taken a definite backseat to helping care for my cousin who is terminally ill, his mother who has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, spending time with an out-of-town friend who had major surgery, and spending six weeks in Virginia when my second grandbaby was born on September 17.

For quite some time I felt as if my brain cells had lost all creative juices. I did do some dabbling and my mind did some wandering. I have written snippets, thoughts, lists, and other ideas here and there. Mostly in a journal. I found one thought that came to me in sleep on the back of a catalog. I don't recall writing it.

However, I did find time to submit a memoir to Patchwork Path: Wedding Bouquet in August. I received notification on December 14 that the memoir had been accepted for the anthology. Amazing, that simple e-mail infused me with energy, the desire to write, and a self-commitment to make the time to write.

I have been taking my laptop and scribblings to my cousin's house. Perhaps, for now, I should concentrate on short stories, memoirs, and short articles rather than my novel. I will finish my last assignment for Long Ridge Writer's Group this week. I had to take a leave from that course.

Bottom line--I am back. I am energized. I am writing each day.
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Wandering & Wondering With Words is proudly powered by blogger.com