Talking with a Friend

I just finished a phone call with a fellow writer. She and I are both history lovers. We're both working on novels taking place along the Oregon Trail. Hers takes place in 1843, mine in 1845. Maybe I'll figure out a way for her Kate to meet my Rebecca at the end of the trail.

Christi Corbett's blog is a must see. A must read. The link is http://christicorbett.wordpress.com When her book is published I think I'll fly from Oklahoma to Oregon just to have her autograph a copy for me in person.

Twice today I read the term "beta reader" in posts on an online class I'm taking. You might think everyone should know the term. I didn't. Actually, I stressed out over the fact that I might have to get some new sort of computerized, robotic machine. According to the posts I read a Beta Reader is a must have.

Dollar signs and dunce caps flashed through my mind.

I asked Christi about a Beta Reader!!!

Come to find out it's an invaluable PERSON who reads our work. Someone who proofreads and critiques and comments . . .

No heart attacks for me today. But, I must find a Beta Reader. Any takers?

Look for regular posts every Wednesday. And, a writing challenge every Friday . . .
◄ Newer Post Older Post ►
 

Copyright 2011 Wandering & Wondering With Words is proudly powered by blogger.com